How many of those people do you really think need the money rather than want it. Some people out there truly will do anything for a cup of hot coffee and others would beg for a bottle of cheap vodka from the Wine And Spirits. In the U.S., more than 3.5 million people experience homelessness each year. While economic factors are the main causes of homelessness, long-term issues like mental illness, drug addiction, and alcoholism can exacerbate situations of poverty and put people at greater risk of homelessness.(NSCAH&H) Drug and alcohol addiction affect about 20% of the homeless population.(NSCAH&H) Though that doesn’t seem like a large percent, you never know who is who. So how do you know where you giving is going to go. For the people how deceive those who give actually hurt the ones who need it the most. The people who are trying to care can’t anymore because they are too scared to anymore.
Who Is Who?
When you see “hurt vet” on a sign do you question if they are really who they say they are? Actually 23% of homeless population are veterans but who the other 77% are who they really say they are? We actually don’t know which of the 23% people are actually homeless, the others who are also homeless and need the money, and the other people who just beg because it is “easy money”.(NCFTH) Overwhelmingly to begging can make between $600 to $1,500 a month.(TheAtlantic) That is way that some people make even working two or three jobs. If they know they can get the money for putting on a good act then why wouldn’t they try their luck and skill, if you have a problem you will do anything.
Drugs Or Dreams
So when do we know when to give someone money or not? Actually there is no real way to tell if a person is really needy or not or really use that money for food and some type of advancement rather than having to worry about that money is going to go towards drugs or a drink. From many people it was said that frequently they seen beggars duck into alleys to buy drugs immediately after getting a couple of bucks. They also know of beggars who aren't homeless, like myself. And it is ridiculous with fact that there was actually a WikiHow showing step-by-step how to act as if are were a real homeless person and how to beg “correctly” to get the most money. The way people act actually hurts others. Because they lie and the giving people see what some of the “beggars” are doing with the money they don’t know who to give it to so a lot of the times they don’t give anything at all. With the way some people treat the good kind hearted people show that the population in the world is not all there in their heads. Some will do anything for a quick buck and even worse a quick high.
All Around The World